Advantages of cage farming
Cages, either floating or,submersible or submerged, are certainly an efficient alternative to other types of farming such as cement or earth made tanks.
These facilities do not need pumping, heating or water filtering; fishes can live in their habitat, while remaining in a bounded area.
You can have higher production per cubic meter, thanks to the unlimited water bringing.
Advantages of cage farming:
- Cages for fish farming can be moved or transported in other sites, granting a certain environmental sustainability.
- You can have a greater depth for the farming.
- Animals can in such a way avoid the surface water which might be colder in particular in winter time or, due to the higher summer insolation, can be excessively hot.
- Chemical-physical water conditions practically constant and foreseeable throughout the year.
- Very low mortality rate caused by pathologies.
- It is possible to use very deep nettings. In such a way fish can stay in deep waters while bad sea and weather conditions particularly shake the sea surface.
- The huge volume of farming enable the fish to a more movement with a consequent increase of the appetite and a faster growth.
- A greater mobility of fish, due to the larger room available, brings to animal a more compact muscle and, as a result, more lean meats.
- At last, cages, enable to work on large scale, in unlimited room, excepting those permitted, so obtaining a very high production with a minimum energy consumption.
Huaxing Nets provides a wide range of materials of cage nets, such as Nylon, HDPE, PP, PE, Polyester etc. With rich experience and constant research & development, our cage nets can always meet the clients’ requirement.