In 1997 the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) approved UNE-EN 1263-1 Standard. This standard cancels and substitutes UNE 81-650 of 1980 and establishes the minimum requisites with which all Safety Netting according to the use which is to be made of them:
- System S: Safety net with border rope and dimensions of over 35 square meters, the smallest side being over 5 meters, for horizontal use in industrial warehouses, bridges and special works.
- System V: Safety net with border rope fastened to a gallops type support.
- System T: Safety Net fastened to consoles for horizontal use (tray net).
- System U: Safety net fastened to a support structure for vertical use (balustrade net).
The EN 1263-1 standard also establishes the requisites which must be fulfilled by the ropes used to fasten and join the Safety Nets. Our Safety Ropes comply with these requirements. All nets manufactured according to European Standard are supplied with test meshes, which can be used to check the aging of the net, without the need for dismounting. These trial ropes are supplied with a high security seal indentied with the same registration number that feature on the label. Likewise, each delivery is accompanied by an instruction manual which explains the installation, mounting and dismounting of the nets. Each net is identified via a label containing the following information:
- The name of the manufacturer
- The address of the manufacturer
- Type of safety net
- Dimensions of the net
- Registration number
- Date of manufacture of the product
Our line of nets without knots, manufactured from high tenacity polypropylene, represent a new concept in netting and has been made possible by the application of the highest technologies applied to the manufacture of safety netting.
These nets are manufactured according to the EN 1263-1 Standard and are outstanding due to the following attributes:
ADVANTAGES OF POLYPROPYLENE WITH RESPECT TO POLYAMIDE
- 100% recyclable.
- Specific weight 0.91, less than water. 100% inert (does not produce bacteria). 100% non-allergic.
- Not digestible by any insect (e.g. months).
- Does not accumulate static electricity.
- High resistance to abrasion.
- High protection against ultraviolet rays (loss of energy inferior to that suffered by polyamide nets).
- Maintains high tenacity in acid or alkaline environments.
- Good thermal insulator.
- Very low absorption of water(0.05 %, which is one of the lowest factors of all fibers).
- Not affected by any acid except boiling Xylene.
- Very resistant to dirt, as it is a non-absorbent fiber, which grants it maximum protection against stains.
- Thanks to its color, it delimits the working space better. Greater ease of mounting.
- Not necessary to dimensionally stabilize via the thermofixing of knots. It does not have knots (New Technology). There is no possibility of knot displacement.
- Manufactured in various colors: green, blue, red, orange, purple, etc.