If it is desired to use a safety net at the construction site, 3 points are considered.
- Determining whether the network complies with operating standards,
- Checking whether the network to be used fully meets the security requirements,
- Finally, the maintenance and storage status of the network will be established.
What is Security Networks?
The main purpose of safety nets is to prevent workers from falling from high heights. Another purpose is to provide comfortable working without fear of falling. When the networks are established, the distance of falling from the height of the employees decreases and the occurrence of death, injury and disability is prevented.
What are the Advantages of Security Networks?
- Security networks can be used without the need for advanced technology. When network problems occur, problems can be solved by manual labour.
- Since people can work safely without restrictions, the efficiency of the work increases and costs and time are saved.
Safety Network Design Principles
There are several design patterns that are important in the safety net. The safety net is provided to prevent the problems that may occur during the fall by stretching the amount of fall speed during the fall. The increase in the drop height increases the amount of pressure to be formed in the network. Therefore, it is very important to adjust the amount of web stretch.
If there is a fall on the set web, the amount of space under the web should be balanced against any impact or impact.
- Square (Q)
- Rhombus (D)
SECURITY NETWORK CLASSIFICATION
Safety nets are subject to EN 1263-1 and EN 1263-2 .
Safety Net Mesh Rope
Mesh rope is made of at least 3 different ropes. These ropes should be knitted to each other in such a way that they cannot be dissolved.
Safety Net Edge (Boundary) Rope
The boundary rope is the type of rope made by passing each mesh around the web to be knitted. The boundary rope is knitted on the basis of the amount of weight that it must lift.
Safety Net Tying Rope
Binding ropes are the type of process made by bonding to the structure that must hold the web. The pressure on the rope should be adjusted by calculating the minimum tensile force of the rope which is important here.
Safety Net Connecting Rope
A combining thread is a string for joining these networks when multiple security networks need to be established. The splicing rope must be connected by calculating the resistance amounts of the webs to be connected.
SECURITY NETWORK APPLICATIONS
TS EN 1263-2 standards apply for the installation of safety nets. In order for employees to work properly and in a healthy way, the general principles that should be applied about networks are as follows:
- Safety nets should be installed in locations suitable for the working height.
- It should be notified to workers who work at a higher level that they should not go outside the safety nets framework.
- The safety level should not be installed below 2 meters from the ground.
- Assuming that the catch width of the network falls on the horizontal axis of the worker, the catch width must be calculated.
- The waiting and service life of the networks must be checked to ensure that no accidents occur.