Horses are grazing animals, and by nature are designed to eat small amounts and be on the move 18-20 hours a day. Unlimited access to forage at all times is best, but most horses have lost the ability to maintain a healthy weight because they are often kept in small areas and don’t move enough. To live with us, horses must succumb to the unnatural effects of confinement and human imposed lifestyles. Horses are therefore dependant on their humans for their needs for both food and exercise. In doing so, we have altered their natural rhythms. Slow feeding with Handy Hay Nets can help restore these rhythms and allow horses to buffer stomach acid to prevent ulcers and provide a steady stream of energy (trickle feeding). This means you can ride, train or play at ANY time!
Slow Feeding Benefits for Animals
- Better for digestion as it slows down the amount animals can consume PER MINUTE but is FREE CHOICE and prevents bloat and colic.
- Simulates grazing helping to release endorphins from chewing, which keeps hind gut bacterial flora happy and healthy.
- Obese horses will eat less but still have access to food all day.
- Alleviates the boredom and STRESS that can lead to ulcers, colic in horses, bloat in ruminants AND stops wood chewing, manure eating, etc.
- No more bullying in the herd at feeding time. Calmer animals = happier herds!
- Slow feeding regulates insulin levels for horses with metabolic syndrome.
- Helps prevent choke in horses.
Slow Feeding Benefits for Humans
- No more wasted hay.
- Save up to 50% in hay costs!
- No more rushing home to feed, or getting up at the crack of dawn because animals are hungry and calling!
- Your horse is ready to be ridden at any time, saving precious time before a show/event.
- Pre-load your Handy Hay Nets so feeding time is quick and easy.
- No more pushy/aggressive animals at feeding time.
- Need to soak your hay to reduce sugar content? No problem, just fill and submerge.
Why Handy Hay Nets?
- They are affordable and hand made in China.
- Our seams are hand *sewn, which makes them more flexible and longer lasting *compared to machine sewn seams.
- They are easy to load and tie.
- Our tie string comes in many colours, so each animal can have their own, (handy for barns or boarding facilities).
- Our netting is made of strong soft nylon, which is very gentle on muzzles.
- There aren’t any knots on our bags for animals to grab or chew.
Please contact with us if any questions, our sales team will always be happy to provide you with the most professional info.